Job ID 955
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc., founded in 1960, is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the United States. We are conveniently located in Hampton Roads, Virginia just miles from Virginia Beach and Norfolk. Our company prides itself on:
· Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
· Providing quality service to our customers
· Employing and retaining great people
· Our shop is AIR CONDITIONED!!!
We are currently seeking Machinists (CNC and Manual).
· Communicate with team members to create efficient and cost effective production processes.
· Load and unload equipment and materials safely.
· Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the machines.
· Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
· Responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
· Minimum of 5 years programming and operating MAZAK Lathes/Mills in a job shop environment.
· Expert Mazatrol Programmer comfortable with holding ≤.0005” total diameter tolerances with ≤.0005” concentricity requirements. Mazatrol programming experience can be substituted with GibbsCam experience.
· Extensive experience manufacturing shafts and parts with complex geometries a must.
· The ideal candidate must be self-sufficient in reading and interpreting drawing requirements as well as developing sound machining processes to meet drawing requirements.
· High level of commitment to first time quality.
· Preferred experience with manual machine shop equipment (such as lathes, milling machines, boring mills, etc.)
· Manufacture and make repairs per instructions and/or drawings
· Operate all machine shop equipment
· Operate overhead cranes and perform rigging
· Perform incoming and outgoing inspections
· Properly fill out all paperwork
· Minimum 5 years of experience operating milling machines, lathes, boring mills, and grinders
· Must have ability to work with extremely close tolerances (example: .0005” to .001”) and meet allotted timeframes
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be willing to work overtime
· Must be physically able to safely operate all equipment, able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and capable of standing for long periods of time.
NOTE: These positions require drug and background screening.
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, retirement, relocation assistance, and much more.
Multiple openings (1st and 2nd Shift).
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.