Job ID 1659
Experience Less Than 1 Year
C.P. Electric is a full-service electric motor shop, providing complete new electric motor and pump service. Based in Twinsburg, OH. Our company prides itself on employing and retaining great people.
We are currently seeking an Electric Motor Mechanic to join our team.
An electric motor mechanic works to identify issues and repair electric motors used in a variety of equipment. As an electric motor mechanic, your duties may also include motor testing and reassembly following repair or component replacement.
Constructs, maintains, and tests electric motor systems and components. Uses measuring and diagnostic tools to test, modify and repair electric motor units. Ensures systems and components meet established specifications. May be required to perform field service duties. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Other duties as assigned.
Other tasks include:
- Verify and adjust alignments and dimensions of parts, using gauges and tracing lathes.
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
- Measure velocity, horsepower, revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems, using ammeters, voltmeters, wattmeter’s, and other testing devices.
- Repair and rebuild defective mechanical parts in electric motors, generators, and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lift units or parts such as motors or generators, using cranes or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to lift heavy parts or subassemblies.
- Record repairs required, parts used, and labor time.
Technical Degree or certifications in fields such as Electric motor repair, Industrial controls, generator repair, pump repair or overall electro-mechanical repair desired. Experience in the testing and repair of mechanical assemblies, blower motors, AC/DC motors, rotary equipment, electronic accessories, computer systems and electronic components. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills; written and verbal. Ability to use a computer.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a very competitive pay package, please inquire for details. Benefits package available.
- 401K retirement plan
- health insurance
- holidays/ vacation pay
Interested, please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org