Job ID 1001
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc., founded in 1960, is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the US. We are conveniently located in Hampton Roads, Virginia just miles from Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Our company prides itself on:
- Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
- Providing high quality service to our customers
- Employing and retaining great people
- Our shop is AIR CONDITIONED
We are currently seeking a Power Systems/Switchgear Technician for our Chesapeake, Virginia facility.
- Understanding and knowledge of NETA standards, IEEE specifications and NEMA specifications as they pertain to low and medium voltage switchgear.
- Good technical understanding and application of all types of switchgear, protective relaying and controls of switchgear, including the operation, maintenance and testing.
- Hands-on experience on low and medium voltage switchgear, including disassembly, component inspection/repair, reassembly, and testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in shop and field.
- Train personnel to troubleshoot, repair, and test power distribution equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and able to pass medical physical.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to stand/walk for extended periods, and able to climb/work at heights.
- Must pass background check.
- High School diploma or equal. Higher education such as vocation training, technical trade school [AVO Substation Maintenance, Relay Testing, etc. for example] or college degree is preferred.
- NETA or NICET Level 1-4 Electrical Power Testing Certifications are preferred
- Previous experience in power distribution industry.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, vendors, etc.
- Significant travel to customer sites required.
- Capable of multitasking with no supervision.
- Good computer skills with basic programs such as Word, Excel and Email.
- Maintain safe working conditions for all personnel.
- Committed, self-motivated and innovative.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Higher education, such as vocation training or technical trade school, is a plus.
NOTE: This position requires drug and background screening.
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, retirement, relocation assistance, and much more.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Visit our web site at www.emc-co.com