Job ID 6275
Experience 3 Years
Position: Service Technician
Position Class: Full Time
Salary Class: Hourly
A Blake & Pendleton Service Technician provides maintenance/repair support for its customers. Blake & Pendleton customers operate in a varied type of industries, such as manufacturing, utility, forestry, mining, etc. Blake & Pendleton primarily supports Sullair compressed air equipment but also provides support for many other equipment designs.
A Service Technician must possess a high degree of experience and a desire to improve these skills as equipment modifications change. Service Technicians must have the necessary safety training and certifications as determined by industry agencies (example OSHA, MHSA, etc.). Service Technicians have a fixed schedule for work but also may be required to deviate from schedule per customer’s request as well as required to work on call using an assigned rotating schedule by the Service Manager. Technicians are frequently required to lift over 50 lbs. and occasionally exceed 100 lbs., climb ladders, carry buckets of lubricants weighing between 25 lbs. & 55 lbs., bend as well as work after hours and in inclement weather.
Service Technician requirements are:
- Skilled in troubleshooting 120V control circuits.
- Must be able to read and comprehend wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair single phase and 3Phase motor control circuits up to 480V, such as full voltage, reduced voltage and soft starters as well as 3 phase and single-phase motor troubleshooting.
- Must be able to properly use multimeters, amp meters and infrared meters.
- Must be able to successfully perform the above while meeting the Company and Customer’s safety requirements.
- Read and comprehend P&I drawings.
- Troubleshoot and repair various air compressor control components.
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance such as oil changes, cleaning and setting controls.
- Must be able to set up rigging equipment and safely remove and reinstall motors, compressors and associated components.
- Must be able to perform motor alignments.
- Must be able to safely use all hand tools and power tools such as drill motors, grinders, band saws, etc.
- Must have understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic principles and components.
- Knowledge of different types of piping such as types of copper, black and galvanized.
- Knowledge of threading, sweating, brazing and welding a plus.
- Must be able to bend and install control tubing such as 1/4″ and 5/16″ Stainless Steel tubing.
- EPA certifications with Freon experience a plus.
Service Technician responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual preventive maintenance
- Accurately assess trouble calls and repair machine(s)
- Perform start-up on newly installed machine (s)
- Check in with Service Coordinator daily
- Submit completed timesheets and service tickets to Service Coordinator daily
- Attire worn is a clean company uniform daily as well as display a professional demeanor
- Maintain clean service truck
- Must maintain a level of physical fitness to safely do the job as well as operate a company service truck, etc.