Job ID 5982
Experience 3 Years
GT Power Systems, Inc is a full sales and service MTU Rolls Royce Power Generator distributor. We operate out of our 10,000 sq ft state of the art service facility in eastern Long Island. We maintain a large inventory of diesel, NAT/LP gas generators and ASCO automatic transfer switches. Our fleet of late model service trucks are stocked with factory parts and special service tools to
provide 24/7 quality service to our valued customers.
We are currently looking for a Generator Technician to join our team, this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow and learn in a steady and secure industry. This position can be a career for the right candidate. Hard work and opportunity equal success! Become part of our team.
- Candidate must be able to work on their own servicing generators, automatic transfer switches and
related power generation equipment.
- Candidate must be able to work with team on larger projects.
- Candidate must be able to troubleshoot equipment and make necessary repairs.
- Candidate must be able to keep work area safe and clean.
- Candidate must be able to perform routine maintenance on power generation systems.
- Must be able to keep proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in vehicle.
- Candidate must be able to complete required paperwork on all services.
- Must be able to communicate with our team and valued customers.
- Must have clean valid driver’s license.
- Two/Three years of experience is preferred, but willing to train mechanically inclined candidates.
- Candidate must be part of a on call rotation for service calls.
- Must have basic tools both electrical and mechanical. (Specialty tools supplied by GTPS)
- Willing to travel to service training seminars.
All employees are subject to random drug testing.
Pay- based on experience.
Overtime (over 40hrs)
On going training
Company cell phone
Career opportunity for the right candidate