Job ID 5591
Air Mac is a premiere industry leader serving commercial, industrial and municipal customers in North Texas and Oklahoma with sales and service of industrial pneumatic solutions of premium air compressors, blowers and vacuum pumps.
We provide customers throughout the United States with expert design and fabrication of pre-engineered vapor recovery units and coal seam gas products with custom-built gas compression solutions and instrument air skids.
SHOP & SERVICE
Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, and test rotating equipment including blowers and rotary screw air ends in a safe, efficient manner.
- Maximize time utilization to achieve fast, efficient production with an appropriate level of quality (as defined by supervisors) with emphasis on working safely.
- Properly note or record orientation and location of parts and punch-mark components prior to disassembly.
- Organize and package individual parts from equipment disassembled to prevent loss during storage and cleaning.
- Inspect components such as rotors, shafts, cylinder case, gears, and end plates, examine for excessive wear, material build-up, scoring or cracks.
- Remove dirt and contaminants from components such as cylinder housing, rotors and associated parts individually cleaning each part using the most effective method available.
- Use a rotary air tool with appropriate surface preparation disk to remove burrs and nicks.
- Hand polish bearing sleeves and seal areas or wet polish to achieve the proper finish.
- Check and verify all necessary components fits, clearances and tolerances against factory specifications using measurement devices such as calipers and micrometers.
- Replace all gaskets, O-rings, seals, bearings, shims, snap rings, lock nuts, etc. as required with new parts.
- Carefully reassemble equipment in accordance with factory or supervisor’s instructions setting rotor timing, gear backlash, and end plate clearances to original specifications as required.
- Inspect or test finished work as instructed by supervisor for quality workmanship
- Grind or polish and clean parts to specified finish and tolerance.
- Operate industrial forklift truck to move, convey, or hoist equipment and transport materials within plant.
- Operate overhead crane, assemble rigging to lift and move equipment or material according to weight and size of load.
- Maintain a clean work area, tools, and equipment.
- Properly fill out time sheet listing work order number and labor hours on projects worked on.
- Wear safety eye protection, hearing protection, breathing apparatus, steel-toed work boots as required in the Air Mac employee handbook.
- Attend safety meetings, and training seminars as requested by supervisor.
- Safely perform job duties maintaining a “safety first attitude”, keeping safety training current.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, performance, and quality of overhauls.
- Suggest changes in procedures, working conditions and use of assets to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Perform other routine duties as required by supervisor.
COMPENSATION: competitive hourly rate, plus overtime and excellent growth opportunities
AIR MAC, INC. offers a competitive compensation, health and dental plans, HSA, 401k/ Simple IRA with match, paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick time.