Job ID 1562
Experience Less Than 1 Year
We are a small, family-owned pump and industrial equipment company looking for a mechanically-inclined individual who’s interested in career growth and learning the trade of pump repair, manufacturing and maintenance. Our ideal candidate is hard-working, an energetic team player and enthusiastic about learning and developing their trade skills.
This is a dirty job that requires problem-solving and lots of work with your hands in our shop and warehouse. You will NOT be doing the same thing everyday and will be trusted with numerous aspects of our business and shop operations. We are looking for a long-term employee that can grow along with us!
Were seeking an entry level Pump Technician for our shop in Palmyra, PA!
**NO PUMP OR REPAIR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, WE WILL PROVIDE ON THE JOB TRAINING**
- Disassemble pumps to help facilitate cleaning and repair
- Cleaning, painting, restoring pump parts
- Evaluating and repairing pumps and pump parts to ensure proper function
- Shop prep/support for sales order rebuilds/repair (retrieve pumps from warehouse, disassembly, cleaning, work area setup/cleanup)
- Disassembly and identification of industrial equipment as needed
- Transferring and maintaining tools, equipment, and supplies in shop
- Moving, organizing, and packaging pumps and parts in warehouse
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, and pumps/parts
- Assist in general shop and warehouse duties, as needed
- Inspect, Repair, and maintain various types of pumps/equipment
- Strong work ethic, willingness to get dirty
- Basic understanding of shop tools and equipment
- Eagerness to learn and be trained on-the-job
- Positive, team-focused and “can do” attitude
- Ability to read and interpret bill of materials and exploded view parts lists
- Ability to use caliper, micrometer, and tape measure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift/handle up to 70lbs on regular basis
- English-speaking, US-citizenship
- High school diploma
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Basic computer and internet proficiency
Helpful but Not Required:
- Welding, machining and/or other types of metal fabrication experience
- Experience working with industrial pumps and/or process equipment including motors, gear reducers, mechanical seals, filters, piping etc.
- Ability to identify different metals and materials based on physical and visual inspection
- Forklift certification and/or experience working in a warehouse
- Owning your own tools
Salary and Benefits:
Starting 10 days PTO, 401K with match, Health Insurance. Paid relocation for the right candidate.
Salary: $15 to $20 Hourly
Interested, apply via generalpumpandmachinery.com
About General Pump & Machinery:
Surplus, new, used and rebuilt industrial equipment sales and service. There are two sides to our company: One focuses on industrial process pumps and parts selling to manufacturers around the country. The other side is general industrial equipment and supplies such as motors, gear reducers, gauges, valves etc.
We do not have a retail store. Most of our sales come through our websites or online platforms, and we regularly work with and ship to customers all around the world. Our culture and employees are very important to us and as a company we are ambitious and focused on growth and constant improvement. We are a small team, but we try to operate an organized and process-driven company that allows everyone to work together, while still maintaining a high level of self-management and flexibility.