Job ID 1693
Experience 3 Years
North American Electric, Inc., an industry leader in Electric Motors, and Motor Controls design and manufacturing.
Were currently seeking a full time Panel Builder to join our team.
Location: Hernando, MS
In this position you will be responsible for building custom electrical control panels and related industrial electrical/control equipment,
including motor control centers, PLC panels, heater power panels, and related electrical assemblies.
This is a first shift, full time position with a full benefits package and a competitive salary. Work is in a climate
controlled “clean-room” type environment and all tools and equipment will be furnished.
Responsibilities will include:
- Read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams/schematic drawings and recognize components
- Follow written and verbal instructions to build electrical control panels per engineered designs
- Layout, assembly, and wiring of control panels complete through testing
- Short cycle assembly of electro-mechanical components with interconnect wiring
- Simple mechanical assemblies and minor adjustments using hand or small power tools also
- Wire subpanels, door devices, switches, and other components under minimal supervision
- Performs wire cutting, stripping, and crimping all sizes of wire using the associated tools and
- Take precision measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Select or modify components according to assembly drawings
- Align material and assemble parts to build more complex units
- Work independently but also as part of a team on larger complex systems ensuring customer
- Proficient skills to perform consistently above average quality of work in a timely fashion
- Record production quantities and time
- Report on issues, malfunction or defective parts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as an Assembler (1-3 years)
- Technical knowledge and ability to read wiring diagrams / schematics
- Ability to use basic hand tools (drills, wire strippers, crimpers, sheet metal knockouts, jigsaw, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical components, basic layout and panel design
- Great attention to detail and neatness
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and some heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical certificate or advanced degree is a plus
- Good understanding of AC and DC fundamentals
North American Electric, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits
package and 401K with company match.
Interested, please forward resume and cover letter to HR@naemotors.com.