Job ID 4544
Experience 5 Years
BDS D – Electric is a full service electromechanical repair shop based in Quakertown, PA. BDS has 16 businesses, including 14 large & local BDS warehouses throughout PA and NJ along with Service Centers in Quakertown, PA, Reading PA, and Stroudsbug PA. We pride our selves on exceeding our customers expectations. and retaining the best employees!
We are currently hiring for a Manual Machinist to join our shop.
Machinist, produces precisely engineered parts used to build electric motors and pumps. Duties include setting up equipment, operating equipment and inspecting finished parts. Previous knowledge of lathing, milling, shaft repair, metal spraying, sleeve housing, manufacturing of new shafts a plus. Strong knowledge of welding a plus. Other duties around the shop as assigned.
The biggest responsibility of a Machinist is to make parts that fully meet all required specifications. Machinist job duties:
- Analyzing specification charts, samples and drawings to gain a thorough understanding of requirements
- Developing a plan of action to manufacture parts according to specifications
- Measuring and marking raw materials needed to manufacture parts
- Setting up equipment required to complete each step of the manufacturing plan
- Operating equipment to carry out each step correctly
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise
- Inspecting finished parts for flaws and defects
- Maintaining equipment located throughout the shop
Pay: $19 to $25 a hr.
Benefits: • Dental insurance • Health insurance • Paid time off • Paid sick leave • Paid vacations, etc.
Schedule:: • 8 hour shift • Monday to Friday • Overtime
Education: • High school or equivalent (Preferred) Experience: • Machining: 5 years (Preferred) Work Location: In person
Interested? Please forward resume to email@example.com.