Job ID 4647
Experience 2 Years
Moo’s Machine Works has been proudly serving Hawai’i since 1983. Our machine shop provides full-service machining, fabrication, and hydraulic services. We are located in Mapunapuna (right off Nimitz), which is convenient to commute from all sides of the island. We pride our selves on exceeding our customers expectations
We are currently hiring for a Manual Machinist for our shop.
Responsible for operating machine tools such as engine lathes, mill machines, boring mill, drill press and a blanchard surface grinder to produce and repair precision metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications and must have machine shop experience. Company is located in Mapunapuna.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Machinist, produces precisely engineered parts used to build instruments, machines and tools. Duties include setting up equipment, operating equipment and inspecting finished parts. Machinist will be machining – gears, spline shafts, couplings, propeller shafts, keyways, etc.
The biggest responsibility of a Machinist is to make parts that fully meet all required specifications. To achieve this primary goal, they typically perform the following Machinist job duties:
- Analyzing specification charts, samples and drawings to gain a thorough understanding of requirements
- Developing a plan of action to manufacture parts according to specifications
- Measuring and marking raw materials needed to manufacture parts
- Setting up equipment required to complete each step of the manufacturing plan
- Operating equipment to carry out each step correctly
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise
- Inspecting finished parts for flaws and defects
- Maintaining equipment located throughout the shop
Pay: Salary based on experience
Benefits: 401k • Dental insurance • Health insurance • Paid time off • Vision insurance Schedule: • 8 hour shift • Monday to Friday • Overtime
Education: • High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: • Machining: 2 years (Preferred) Prior work experience at machine shop a plus
Work Location: In person
Interested? Please forward resume to – email@example.com.