Job ID 1313
Experience 3 Years
We are a family-owned business and we pride ourselves in providing the very best electric motors solutions for our customers.
We are currently seeking a Manual Machinist to join our team!
Set up and operate manual lathes, Bridgeport style milling machines with the ability to hold tight tolerances. (Ability to set up and run Mazak m5 T-2 preferred but not required).
Responsibilities and Skills Required:
- Have an understanding of GD&T (concentricity, runout, etc.)
- Measure and inspect machined surfaces, bores, bearing journals, for non-conformance using micrometers, height gauges, calipers, indicators and other metrology instruments.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Setup, program and operate a Mazak M5 CNC Lathe (preferred but not required)
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, milling machine, surface grinder, vertical turning lathe, drill press, band saw, broaching machine, and others.
- Fabricate precision metal parts and templates
- Select, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, etc.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with technicians, engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Various duties and assignments as needed per management.
- Work with team to reverse engineer parts and make parts from scratch.
DEM offers a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) options
- Paid vacation
Three to five years related machining experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificates or educational courses in machining or machine tools a plus. Welding experience and Mazak M5 CNC Lathe a plus.