Job ID 4721
Experience 3 Years
General Machine Works is a full-service machine shop located in Bakersfield, CA. Since 1938, we have been providing custom machined parts for industrial and commercial customers throughout Southern California. We pride ourselves in retaining great employees.
We are currently hiring for a Manual Machinist to join our shop!
Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment. We specialize in large and heavy parts and we are able to machine parts of any sizes. We work with large industrial operations such as oil refineries, cement factories, paper mills, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Reads and interprets blueprints.
• Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
• Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
• Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
• Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
• Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
• Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Three years related experience (journeymen certification preferred)
• High school diploma or GED required
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience.
Health insurance, PTO, paid vacation, Holidays, fun work environment, uniforms, etc.
Interested? Please email resume and cover letter to – Clack@generalmachineworks.net