Are you more than a button pusher in a factory? Ready to use your mechanical genius? Complete two surveys now.
Are you tired of being stuck in a factory doing the same boring work every day? Do you feel like you’re capable of more, but you’re hesitant to make the change? As a fellow creator, we understand your problems and we want to help you. Our ideal toolmakers are motivated through being allowed to use their creativity and initiative. Be valued as a person. Be helpful. Want to make more money on top of the baseline? Then help us design systems that crank out more productivity… then you’re into bonus land. Let your initiative set the pace, instead of their machine.
We’ve been stuck in a similar situation before, but we made the move to a small business and loved it. We want to offer you the same opportunity to unleash your creativity and do what you love.
We will start with an Indeed and Criteria questionnaire, followed by a phone screen and an on-site try-out to ensure a great fit. Schedule a time to stop by our shop now, but if you need more time, shoot us an email.
As a toolmaker/creator in our team, you can expect engaging mental work that values your unique talents. You will become a leader among other talented toolmakers and experience a transformation from doing boring work that doesn’t require mental energy to stimulating work that flexes your creativity talent.
Don’t waste more years of your life doing something that doesn’t fulfill you. Join us and let’s create amazing things together.
Lafayette Tool and Die was founded in 1995 by toolmaker Larry Skinner, we retain a passion for creativity and practical problem solving. In 2018 Larry partnered with Little Engine Ventures to assure longevity in the community. We bought the building, updated some equipment, hired engineering support and launched a fancy new web site. Stop by, call or email. Larry and crew are still here to serve.
Lafayette Tool & Die is seeking a full-time toolmaker to join our experienced team. The ideal candidate has strong experience operating manual and CNC mills and lathes and is devoted to pursuing technical expertise in toolmaking. This candidate will be open to working a wide variety of projects as part of our toolmaker and engineer only team. The ideal individual likes to move metal working projects from beginning to end. They can work in a team setting but also are comfortable taking a project through multiple operations with minimal support. Quality and speed earn us premium positioning with our long standing customers. No nights. Some overtime is available if desired. We offer competitive pay and health insurance. Schedule a time to visit our shop.
- The LTD Toolmaker reports to the Lead Toolmaker. Toolmaker is responsible for the safe and effective operation of assigned equipment to produce to the customer’s specifications in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Required Qualifications: 5 years of tool and die experience.
- Ideal personality is detailed oriented. They are particular about procedure. The ideal Toolmaker is more logical than emotional and may be a creative problem solver.
- This position is an hourly full-time 40 hours per week with benefits.
- They can work alone on technical matters at the highest quality across all machines and types of jobs. Can take instruction. Can learn from others.
- Toolmaker will work regular hours as agreed upon by the office manager and Lead Toolmaker.
- LTD pays hourly on a bi-weekly basis. LTD offers health insurance. There is no retirement benefit.
- Additional roles and duties will be performed as assigned by the general manager, including but not limited to the following: assist with estimating, sales, and customer support; equipment repair, general cleanup and odd jobs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lafayette, IN 47904: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CNC: 3 years (Required)
- Electrical discharge machining: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
Interested? Please forward resume to – Sales@LafayetteToolandDie.com.