Job ID 1602
Malton Electric Company is an Electric Motor Shop in Virginia, MN, founded in 1946.
We are seeking a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce or repair precision parts using manual equipment and accurate measurements.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as machinist
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
- · Minimum of years programming and operating Lathes/Mills in a job shop environment.
- · Expert Programmer comfortable with holding ≤.0005” total diameter tolerances with ≤.0005” concentricity requirements.
- · Extensive experience manufacturing shafts and parts with complex geometries a must.
- · The ideal candidate must be self-sufficient in reading and interpreting drawing requirements as well as developing sound machining processes to meet drawing requirements.
- · High level of commitment to first time quality.
- · Preferred experience with manual machine shop equipment (such as lathes, milling machines, boring mills, etc.)
Salary and Benefits:
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package:
PTO, Paid vacation, Paid Holiday, 401k with match, Health Insurance, relocation assistance.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs you may like
Manual Machinist Jobs in Bangor ME
- @ AC Electric Corp
- Maine, United States, 40 Target Industrial Circle, Bangor, Maine 04401, United States