Job ID 1990
The purpose of this position is to provide operational and sales support for the development of rental for the Cat® Rental Store. The role of the Inside Sales Representative is to develop an understanding of the support needs of the customer for the Cat Rental Store and initiate plans to address those needs. To be effective the Inside Sales Representative must establish an understanding of the objectives and accountabilities below.
OBJECTIVES & ACCOUNTABILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Open branch for business prior to hours of operation each day.
- Answer 100% of incoming calls within 3 rings. Phone logs filled out completely and consistently.
- Before closing branch:
- 100% of billings for that day are completed
- 100% of deliveries for the next day are logged and written in order
- Phones are turned over to the Answering Service
- Security system is enabled and branch doors/gates are locked
- On a daily basis, check for credit limit violations on 100% of rental reservations to credit customers and acquire credit approvals as required.
- 100% of credit applications to be checked for accuracy and completion before forwarding to credit for processing.
- 100% of Rental Agreements will be completed in the following manner:
- Full company name and address
- First and last name of company contact
- Date ordered / date rental begins / estimated return date
- PO# required complete directions (job name / job address)
- Delivery rate
- Special equipment needed
- Rental Rates
- Phone number
- Rental Equipment Protection
- 90% of all Rental Agreements to have customer LDW/FTV endorsement and contract acceptance signature at all times.
- 100% of inventory to be accounted for at all times.
- Computer accuracy kept up daily
- Deliveries, pickups, swaps, non-revenue movements etc. documented in a timely fashion.
- Learn and know competitive pricing and tendencies.
- 100% of all applicable refueling fees to be charged back to customer.
- 100% of assigned reports to be completed by required time.
- Lost rent report, substitution log and delivery log completed each day and cc: the Branch Manager. Input from Sales Representative also required. Discuss daily.
- Counter must have equipment specifications (literature) and current prices for rental, new and used equipment. Information is to be updated once per month.
- Must understand, and be able to effectively explain the company’s REP policy.
- Must understand and be able to effectively communicate equipment applications and key performance specifications.
- Counter and show room floor area are to be kept clean and orderly. Dress neatly and present a professional appearance in keeping with the company image.
- Perform 20 telemarketing calls per week.
- Complete 100% special assignment or projects from Branch Manager by required time.
- Follow established procedure to communicate with service dept. on equipment related issues.
- Communications skills are essential to the success in this position.
- Discusses customer needs, suggesting the most suitable and safe equipment for the application.
- Works closely with all personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promotes add-on sales and sells merchandise items from the rental store.
- Is a source of information to customers about related equipment and services available in the local market area.
- Asks questions about delivery conditions such as dock heights, narrow streets, etc.
- Notifies customer immediately if there are any delivery delays.
- Follows up on all overdue rental contracts.
- Understands usage and applications of all rental equipment and services offered.
- Must have thorough knowledge of “common” equipment failure problems and how to resolve them.
- Must recognize difference between similar products and the advantages / disadvantages of particular applications.
- Must have working knowledge of construction phases to properly advise applications.
- Open and close work orders for rental technicians.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
This position works in a shop/warehouse and inside an office environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for a period of time; answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Noise level in the shop/warehouse is usually moderate to high and moderate to low in an office environment. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Interested? Please apply via https://www.altorfer.com/careers/
Why Work for Altorfer?
At Altorfer, our iron is just the beginning. Our people make our company successful, and we would not be who we are without them. As a third generation, family-owned company created in 1957, we bring our values into how we do business. Everyone from technicians, sales representatives, administrative professionals, or somewhere in between is part of the “A-Team” and is crucial to our success. Here at Altorfer, we have over 35 locations and 1300 employees with long tenure for you to learn from. We have a collaborative, family valued culture, with a great reputation in the industry. A company that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a remarkable team of people to work with.
Other jobs you may like
Outside Sales Representative Jobs in Kalamazoo MI
- @ HECO
- 3509 South Burdick Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001, United States