Job ID 2428
APS is a local provider of generator systems and emergency backup services with over 35 years of experience. We service and repair all makes and model generator sets from large industrial diesels to small home owner natural gas and propane engines. We also service and maintain all makes of automatic transfer switches. Our company services industrial, commercial and residential clients throughout the Connecticut.
We are currently seeking a Generator Technician to join our team.
Job location: At customer location
Generator Technician is a mid-level technician position. The position has the technical understanding of generator repair and operation to perform major repairs and installations of generators and associated equipment.
The position reports to the Service Manager in the Service department and routinely interacts with customers and various employees within the company.
- Troubleshoot operational failures of generators
- Install and test new units
- Repair and adjust transfer switches and perform major repairs on units
- Work with other technicians on large projects
- Respond quickly to job site (24/7)
- Follow safety requirements, including proper use of protective equipment
- Safely drive a service vehicle
- Clearly, concisely document all work and repairs completed
Education and experience:
High school diploma or GED certificate; and training from accredited technical school specializing in diesel or gas engines. Having an OEM Certification for Industrial Generators and Automatic Transfer Switches or equivalent work experience a plus.
Skills and abilities:
- Carry out instructions given in written, oral or diagram form
- Problem-solve and make logical decisions
- Be self-motivated
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Clean driving record
While performing the duties of this job, service technicians are regularly required to:
- Use hands/fingers handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. (and occasionally up to 100 lbs.)
- Be exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions (extreme heat and cold), and risk of electrical shock
Salary and benefits:
401k, Profit share, health insurance, dental, vision, PTO, Paid Holidays/Vacation, uniforms, fun work environment, etc.
Competitive salary paid based on experience.
Interested? Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs you may like
Generator Technician Jobs in Sarasota FL Featured
- @ Florida Power Solutions
- 4381 Independence Court, Sarasota, Florida 34234, United States