Job ID 3083
Stowers employs over 400 people and has six full service locations. All of Stowers Machinery’s facilities have large parts warehouses and fully equipped service shops staffed with highly trained technicians.
We’re currently seeking a Generator Technician to join our team!
Job location: At customer site
Shift: Day shift
High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of experience or a technical school diploma is required. Valid driver and forklift licenses are required. Must be highly organized and self-motivated with strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to pass a background check, physical exam, and drug test.
- Performs maintenance, repairs, and reconditioning of the rental fleet, including generator sets and related equipment.
- Follows directions accurately and performs tasks timely and efficiently to maintain rental fleet according to provided guidelines.
- Work performed is mistake and error-free.
- Accepts responsibility for own work and understands the impact of this work on the company.
- Capable of recognizing the significant from less significant in areas such as parts reusability and notifies lead or supervisor accordingly.
- Shows interest in own work and displays ability to learn new tasks.
- Learns to use all test equipment and procedures to correctly and safely make repairs.
- Prepared to purchase hand tools as required to perform the job.
- Properly safeguards all tools. Keeps an updated itemized record of employee-owned tools on file which includes pictures and cost of tools and toolbox.
• All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
• Able to work a standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
• Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
• Pass a pre-employment background check, and physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
Stowers Machinery is fortunate to have served East Tennessee since 1960. East Tennessee is a great place to live, work and raise a family. Stowers is fortunate to represent Caterpillar, the world’s leading manufacturer of equipment, a company always striving to meet the demands of changing markets. Stowers is fortunate to have loyal customers who have joined in a partnership that is mutually beneficial. And, Stowers is fortunate to have dedicated employees who love this business and are willing to work tirelessly to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
Performs quality maintenance, inspections, diagnosis, disassembly/reassembly, rebuilds, and troubleshooting on all backup mechanical and electrical generator components, including but not limited to diesel and gasoline engines, fuel systems, power generation systems, transfer switches, switchgear, and control panels.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience.
Stowers also strives to keep its benefits package competitive, too. Benefits include:
- Paid vacation, personal leave, and sick leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance (long-term and short-term)
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Flexible spending account for reimbursement of your medical and child care expenses
- Paid holidays
- Tool purchasing plan and tool insurance
- Company uniforms
Interested? Please forward resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stowers Machinery is fortunate to have served East Tennessee since 1960. East Tennessee is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Stowers is fortunate to represent Caterpillar, the world’s leading manufacturer of equipment; a company always striving to meet the demands of changing markets. Stowers is fortunate to have loyal customers who have joined in a partnership that is mutually beneficial. And, Stowers is fortunate to have dedicated employees who love this business and are willing to work tirelessly to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Other jobs you may like
Generator Technician Jobs in Los Angeles CA Featured
- @ LA Mobile Generator Repair
- Schrader Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90028, United States