Job ID 1749
As Altorfer Cat continues to expand, so do the opportunities for career growth. We are searching for high-energy, ambitious candidates who are ready to join us in our continued success. Whether you choose a path as a technician, sales representative or administrative professional, advancement opportunities are within your reach.
Perform service repairs and preventive maintenance; provides superior service and represents Altorfer’s professional image.
Were currently seeking a Generator Field Service Technician.
On client site
- Ability to properly and completely fill out all service reports, PM checklists and timecards within department guidelines.
- Completes all paperwork before moving on to next job; communicates extra time needed to complete tasks to dispatcher.
- Ability to use SIS, ET, parts and service manuals.
- Properly segment jobs and order parts accordingly.
- Return unneeded parts immediately upon job completion, complete all necessary warranty documentation and send completed follow up forms on a timely basis.
- Effectively communicate job status to customers and office personnel.
- Works in an efficient manner at customer’s jobsite, in the shop, and when driving to location or shop.
- Perform complete visual inspection of Cat and non-Cat engine and generator sets and notes deficiencies as part of preventive maintenance service.
- Perform ATS level 1 type service.
- Capable of component changes with the exception of fuel injection pumps and cylinder heads, using prescribed D&A guidelines, on all makes and models.
- Capable of basic troubleshooting using prescribed guidelines and documentation.
- Inspect belts, hoses and all components for signs of leakage or improper operation.
- Change oil and filters.
- Maintain Altorfer supplied tooling and equipment, including company provided service vehicle.
- Responsibility for after hours call outs. When accepting a call – technician is required to perform complete repairs – with the same quality and outcome as regular business hours. Technician may be required to orchestrate special parts arrangements to ensure that downtime is reduced as much as possible.
- Perform mechanical work relating to the business of the department.
- Keep current with industry standards.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, with excellent work ethic, neat appearance and good communication skills. Take full ownership of job.
- Use safe working practices.
- Redo or excessive labor does not exceed 5% of total labor hours worked and no cases occur where the customer or company’s equipment is damaged due to mechanic’s neglect or abuse.
- Minimum four years of electric power generator experience.
- Ability to perform high quality repairs, in an efficient fashion, and maintain a clean working environment while working in the field.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to use resources for information (when written documentation is not available)
- Has good decision making practices and ability to follow directions.
- Demonstrates effective communication ability, representing Altorfer’s professional image to customers and office personnel.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to write technical reports.
- Must have intermediate keyboarding skills with a basic knowledge of Office software, preferably MS Word, Excel and email.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
- Military encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
This position works in a field/shop environment primarily at Customer jobsites. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 75-100lbs. Will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields, hearing protection, etc.) for a given situation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why Work for Altorfer?
At Altorfer, our iron is just the beginning. Our people make our company successful, and we would not be who we are without them. As a third generation, family-owned company created in 1957, we bring our values into how we do business. Everyone from technicians, sales representatives, administrative professionals, or somewhere in between is part of the “A-Team” and is critical to our success. Here at Altorfer, we have over 35 locations and 1300 employees with long tenure for you to learn from. We have a collaborative, family valued culture, with a great reputation in the industry. A company that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a remarkable team of people to work with.
Interested? Apply via www.altorfer.com/careers/.