Job ID 2077
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Ready to work with modern, technologically-advanced products? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Generator Technician with West Generator Service today.
We are currently seeking a Generator Technician to join our team!
Job location: On site
Our Power Generation business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products and services for our customers. You are key to our customers’ success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you’ll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This role is customer-focused and is a key position within our Service business – and enhanced with training on our newest product updates.
Generator Field Service Technicians:
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training – as well as practical experience.
- Mentors and coaches Apprentice Technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to generators and components at the customer’s site.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor. Also coordinates complex issues and repairs with Factory Service Technical Representatives.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents, etc. via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle, parts stock and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair generator set systems in a field environment with minimal direct supervision.
- At direction of Field Service Manager or others, works on new product startups.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
- Understand safety aspects of working with all AC voltages up to 480V, 3 phase.
- Ability to operate all standard service tools plus electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to work with detailed information under considerable time limitations and with minimal supervision.
- Continues training on, and learning troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair capabilities of a highly-skilled Genset technician involving gas or diesel engine, generator, engine governor, generator and engine control gear and electrical power switching mechanisms and their control.
- Proficient in Windows-based operating systems; other computer software as required including Business Management System (BMS), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and other relevant software.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical or Vocational school or community college graduates preferred. *EGSA Certification (Apprentice or Journeyman Certificate) a plus.*
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in repair and maintenance work of primary, standby and mobile AC electrical generators and related components, or other mechanical/electrical field.
- Proficient in systematically troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing emergency power systems and related mechanical/electrical components.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Thorough understanding of single phase and three phase AC electrical systems.
- Understand safety aspects of working with all AC voltages up to 480 volts, 3 phase and have a working knowledge of NFPA70E safety standard.
- Ability to properly and safely use and maintain common hand tools and electrical testing equipment.
. Must be available to participate as needed in “on-call” rotation, and available for “short-notice” assignments during significant events with associated heavy work-loads.
Physical Requirements (times are approximate):
Standing 7.5 hours per day · Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day · Sitting 1.5 hours per day · Lifting 1.5 hours per day · Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds · Bending 3.0 hours per day · Driving 2.5 hours per day. Also extended hours and/or travel may be required based on operational needs.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. We offer Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Coverage, etc. Additional benefits vary, and may include Performance-Based Incentives, Profit Sharing, etc.
Salary based on performance.
Apply / Submit Resume: Please submit all resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Attach any relevant documentation of Certifications.
Other jobs you may like
Field Service Technician Jobs in Plainville CT
- @ Advanced Power Services L.L.C
- 145 Whiting Street, Plainville, Connecticut 06062, United States