Job ID 1885
Electric Motor Winder
We are looking for a dedicated Winder to join our team. This position is responsible for rewinding various kinds of basic electromechanical equipment including removing the original winding, inspecting for winding failure damage, recording data from the original winding, making new coils, winding, and performing voltage testing on standard/basic windings.
- Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase random wound stators
- Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form wound stators is desired
- Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields is desired
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e., surge tester, DLRO, multimeter, megohmmeter, ammeter, voltmeter)
- Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e., surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings)
- Perform various electrical testing throughout the winding process to troubleshoot and/or diagnose potential problems.
- Take and record detailed, accurate winding data
- Accurately measure and record mechanical dimensions using precision equipment such as micrometers and Vernier calipers to assess tolerance conformity
- Produce high-quality and consistent workmanship on all work performed
- Keep work area clean, organized, and tidy
- Produce detailed reports and document all findings, faults, and required repairs.
- Ensure that all EASA and industry standards and processes are complied with on every task undertaken
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including no-load test panel, core loss tester, static winding analyzer, cut off saws, burn and bake out ovens, and various other handheld testing equipment and tooling. (Necessary training will be provided as required)
- Tie and proof end clearance of finished winding.
- Perform and document final electrical and mechanical test results of the winding, insulation and connections.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electromechanical equipment, including media blasting
- Test rewound electromechanical equipment according to EASA Standards and document test results
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in rewinding AC and DC electric motors
- Prior practice in winding fields, armatures, and synchronous rotor poles is desired
- Must have basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Be dependable, flexible, and trustworthy
- Be motivated and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work self-directed, under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Strong team member and also able to work alone efficiently
- Observe all safety procedures and use of proper protective gear.
- Support supervisors with various other plant assignments as needed
- Completes Process Control Records completely and accurately
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) options
- Paid vacation and Paid Holidays
Salary based on experience. .
If your interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.