Job ID 2108
Experience 2 Years
HECO is hiring in Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. We now service steel mills, auto manufacturers, energy, and pharmaceutical companies throughout the Midwest.
We are currently seeking an Electric Motor Rewinder to join our shop.
Shift: Second Shift
Knowledge of rewinding Stators & Armatures. Knowledge of repair and diagnostics of AC/ DC motors. Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter). Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings). Previous knowledge of Stator Winding, Rotor Winding, Wave Winding & Armature Winding a must. Performs a variety of cleaning and stripping operations to prepare AC and DC motor parts for rewinding. Performs a variety of operations to wind coils, insulate, insert coils, connect standard AC stators, DC armatures, and field frames. Observes all safety procedures and use personal protective gear.
• High school graduate or equivalent. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods. • Must be willing to work overtime and around the Shop as needed.
- Inspect windings and coils of electro-mechanical apparatus
- Electrically test windings to international standards and to electrical tolerance requirements
- Make sample coils in preparation for manufacturing of form or random wound coils
- Manufacture coils using automatic winding, spreading, looping, and or tensioning machines
- Insert coils into lamination slots according to connection data
- Shape winding heads to proper dimension, tie down and/or insert blocking
- Make electrical connections and test connections
- Solder, braze, or weld electrical connection
- Clean commutator risers with hand tools
- Physically measure wire sizing and insulation sizing with micrometers
- Assist with root-cause-failure-analysis
- Perform basic tests on electric motors
- Performs service calls as requested
- Performs other routine duties as assigned and required by management.
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, retirement, relocation assistance and much more.
Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
Paid Time Off (PTO) Beginning in first year
401k Plan with automatic company contribution
Health Insurance (Multiple plan options)
Short- & Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account
Interested? Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.