Job ID 2291
Experience 5 Years
Traver IDC, a world-class supplier of electrical apparatus and service located in Waterbury, CT is seeking a full-time, experienced Electric Motor Mechanic to join our team.
- Responsibilities of the Motor Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Disassemble defective equipment so that repairs can be made
- Inspect and test equipment in order to locate damage or worn parts and diagnose malfunctions or read work orders or schematic drawings to determine required repairs
- Repair and rebuild defective mechanical parts in electric motors, generators, and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Measure revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems, using ammeters, voltmeters, meggers, and other testing devices
- Scrape and clean units or parts, using cleaning solvents and equipment
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, and relays following wiring diagrams
- Weld, braze, or solder electrical connections
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters
- Assemble electrical parts such as pumps, motors, starting devices, and switches following schematic drawings and using hand, machine, and power tools
- Remove and replace defective parts such as coil leads, carbon brushes, and wires, using soldering equipment
- Clean electrical connections using scrapers, steam, water, emery cloths, power grinders
- Cut and form insulation, and insert insulation into armature, rotor, or stator slots
- Rewind coils on cores in slots, or make replacement coils, using coil-winding machines
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a Motor Mechanic, extensive knowledge of electric motors, experience with various power tools, hand tools, and gauges, and the ability to read schematic drawings.
Salary and Benefits:
We reward your success with a competitive base salary and unlimited earnings potential! We also provide a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage) and an excellent retirement program that includes 401(k) with company match and profit sharing.
You should enjoy working in a team driven environment where your input and efforts are utilized to accomplish our mission objectives.
If you are interested in joining a team-based organization with an excellent reputation for developing talented individuals, then we want to hear from you!
Email resume and cover letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs you may like
Electric Motor Mechanic Jobs in Monroe NC Featured
- @ American MTS
- North Carolina, United States, 1825 North Rocky River Road, Monroe, North Carolina 28110, United States