Job ID 4573
Experience 5 Years
CMI is a full service precision Machine Shop located in Illinois. We have established a reputation for providing quality machined parts and shop services to many leading private sector manufacturers. We utilize CNC and manual machining to better serve both short and long run projects in a wide variety of materials.
We’re currently seeking a CNC Machinist to join our shop!
Job duties and responsibilities:
Our CNC Machinist, produces precisely engineered parts used to build instruments, machines and tools. Their duties include setting up equipment, operating equipment and inspecting finished parts. An understanding of CNC Program – Mastercam a plus.
The biggest responsibility of a Machinist is to make parts that fully meet all required specifications. To achieve this primary goal, they typically perform the following Machinist job duties:
- Analyzing specification charts, samples and drawings to gain a thorough understanding of requirements
- Developing a plan of action to manufacture parts according to specifications
- Measuring and marking raw materials needed to manufacture parts
- Setting up equipment required to complete each step of the manufacturing plan
- Operating equipment to carry out each step correctly
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise
- Inspecting finished parts for flaws and defects
- Maintaining equipment located throughout the machine shop
- 5+ years of Machinist experience
- Machinist Certification(s) a plus
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and follow blueprints
- Ability to consistently utilize precision measurement tools to 0.0005”
- Ability to operate manual Horizontal Boring and Milling Machine independently
- Must be able to lift 30 kg / 75 lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of critical dimensions within the equipment.
- Ability to operate CNC Machines
- OEM level of detail and precision expertise.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience.
Benefits – 401K, PTO, Paid vacations, uniforms, fun work environment and more!
Interested? Please forward resume to – email@example.com.