Job ID 5530
Join our group of passionate team players, committed to providing the best level of service for our clients in a rewarding environment.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 1950, Empire Cat is a world-renowned Caterpillar dealer and a top private company in Arizona. We are a third-generation family-owned company with over 3,700 employees across 30+ locations throughout Arizona, Nevada and portions of Eastern California. We are a diverse group of people, but we all share an inspiring vision to BE THE BEST. That vision is achieved by our individual commitments to work hard and live our core values every day.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Tool Discounts/Tool Insurance
- Technical Training & Professional Development Classes
- And More
|Standard work schedule to be provided by leader.
|$25.80 to $61.08 per hour
Troubleshoot, repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire allied machines, systems, and power train components in a shop environment. Troubleshoot; diagnose malfunctions and failures of machines electrical, hydraulic, and power train components. Must be able to identify and evaluate root cause failures through the use of electronic tools, schematics and other trouble shooting methods. Be able to demonstrate proper communication methods in order to effectively explain equipment conditions, machine status and recommendations, to clients, associates and management.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good client relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions, and explanations to associates, clients and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Basic computer and internet knowledge required, as well as knowledge in operating scanning/diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license.
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Completion of eTRAIN test evaluation.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a “Safety-Sensitive Position”. A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety – Respect – Integrity – Teamwork – Excellence – Stewardship – Astonishment